A dependant is:
- your husband, wife or civil partner; or
- your unmarried or same-sex partner; or
- your child aged under 18 years old.
Your dependant children can be over 18 years old if they are in the UK now as dependants.
Following changes in the Immigration Rules implemented from 1 October 2013, it is now possible to switch into PBS Dependant of Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 5 Migrant from inside the UK unless:
- you were last granted leave to enter or remain as a visitor; or
- you are on temporary admission or temporary release.
From the above, it is clear that anyone who is not in the UK on a visitor visa or an overstayer in the UK can switch into PBS Dependant of Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 5 Migrant from inside the UK.
In order to apply for leave to remain as the child of a PBS migrant, the child must be under the age of 18 on the date of application. Where the child is aged 18 or over he/she must have, or have last been granted, leave as the family member of a PBS migrant or someone applying at the same time for leave as a PBS migrant.
Following applications for switching into PBS dependant visa can be made to the Home Office from inside the UK:
Funds For Maintenance For Switching Into PBS Dependant Visa
One of the requirements for family members of Points Based System Migrants is that he/she must be able to support themselves without recourse to public funds. This requirement is satisfied by showing funds for maintenance for last 90 days before the date of the application and in case of PBS dependants of Tier 4 General student, funds for maintenance for 28 days before the date of the application.
Same Day Visa Service For PBS Dependant Application
We are registered with the Home Office Public Enquiry Office (PEO), Lunar House, Croydon to provide same day premium visa service for PBS Dependent applications. Our immigration lawyers can prepare and submit your application to the Home Office, PEO and get quick decision on the application. As PBS Dependent application is a biometric category, you will have to attend the Home Office, Lunar House, Croydon with our legal representative on the day we will submit your application. Our legal representative will accompnay you to the Home Office, PEO and assist you with the enrollment of your biometrics and submission of your application.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Switching Into PBS Dependant Visa?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with application for switching into PBS dependent visa. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can Contact Us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application to switch into PBS dependent visa and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable, honest and professional immigration service.
Our Fees For Switching Into PBS Dependant Visa
- We will charge you a fee from £600.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your in-country application as PBS Dependent through our Same Day Premium Visa Service. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.