You cannot apply under Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) if you are already in the UK. This is because there is no provision in the Immigration Rules for a person already in the United Kingdom in another category of stay to switch in-country into the Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) category. This means you must obtain a Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) visa before you travel to the UK.
The Application Process For Entry Clearance As Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
The following steps provide an overview of the application process for entry clearance as Tier 1 Exceptional Talent:
- The first step in the process is for you to request a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Unique Reference Number from the UK Border Agency. This request must state the appropriate Designated Competent Body to endorse the applicant.
- There is a limit of 1,000 places on this route. The UK Border Agency will provide you with a Unique Reference Number if there are places available within the limit for the selected Designated Competent Body.
- You can then make an application to the UK Border Agency, together with the Unique Reference Number and supporting documents. Please note – the application must be submitted to the UK Border Agency Visa Services, not directly to a Designated Competent Body. You must make your application no more than 10 working days after the date when your unique reference number was issued. Any public or national holidays in your country of residence do not count towards the 10-day validity period. If you submit your application after this time, the UKBA will refuse it.
- The UK Border Agency will send the relevant documentation to your chosen Designated Competent Body who will advise the UK Border Agency whether you meet their endorsement criteria.
- The UK Border Agency will then consider the application, taking into account whether the Designated Competent Body has endorsed you, make the decision and notify you of the result.
A refusal of an entry clearance application as a Tier 1 Exceptional Talent is challenged by way of Administrative Request to the Entry Clearance Manager (ECM). If refusal is maintained by the Entry Clearance Manager, then the same can be challenged by way of Judicial Review in High Court. Upon successful application, the applicant is granted leave to enter for 3 years and 4 months.
Our Services For Entry Clearance Application As A Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
We can represent you in your entry clearance application and do all the work until decision by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) on your application. Our work will include:
- the completion of the paper or online application form;
- advising you on the relevant requirements, relevant laws and procedures;
- advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your application;
- considering the contents of such documents and discussing the same with you;
- advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your application; and
- preparing a cover letter wherein we will explain in detailed how all the relevant requirements of the entry clearance are being satisfied.
The completed application will be forwarded to the applicant outside the UK who will sign the same and forward the application along with all the supporting documents to the relevant British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate for a decision to be made by them.
Where necessary, we will also liaise with the Entry Clearance Officer for an expeditious decision on your application.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Your Entry Clearance Application As Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Migrant?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with applications for UK Visa under the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent category. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for UK Visa under the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent category and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
Our Fees for Entry Clearance Application Under Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Category
- We will charge you a fee from £1,500 (No VAT) for our professional immigration services in relation to your entry clearance application under Tier 1 Exceptional Talent category. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.