Can’t attend our offices to instruct us for your matter? No Problem! We can handle your matter remotely!

We have reopened our offices as lockdown restrictions have eased. However, due to coronavirus pandemic, we will continue to deal with most clients remotely through Zoom/Phone/Skype/Emails, etc.

A resident is someone who has been given permission to stay in the UK without any time limit. A returning resident is a resident who left the UK and wants to come back to live here again.

You may return to the UK as a resident if:

  • you were settled in the UK when you last left; and
  • you have been away for two years or less; and
  • you are returning to live here permanently; and
  • you were not given public funds to pay the costs of leaving the UK.

If you have been away for more than two years, you may still qualify to return to live in the UK if, for example, you have strong family ties here or have lived here most of your life.

If you have been away for more than two years, you must apply for permission to return (known as 'entry clearance'). You should apply at the British diplomatic post in the country where you live now.

If the stamp that originally gave you permission to settle here (known as 'indefinite leave to remain') is in an old passport, you should carry both your old passport and your new passport when you travel here, as evidence of your settled status. If you cannot produce your original stamp, you may not be allowed to enter the UK.

You do not need to have your stamp transferred to your new passport (provided you also carry your old passport), but you can do this if you wish. The transfer cannot be done at passport control when you enter the UK. If you can prove that you are entitled to return to settle here, the immigration officer will put an open date stamp in your new passport. You must then apply to the UKBA for Transfer of Conditions and a Biometric Residence Document.

Our Services For Entry Clearance Application As A Returning Resident

We can represent you in your entry clearance application and do all the work until decision by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) on your application. Our work will include:

  • the completion of the paper or online application form;
  • advising you on the relevant requirements, relevant laws and procedures;
  • advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your application;
  • considering the contents of such documents and discussing the same with you;
  • advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your application; and
  • preparing a cover letter wherein we will explain in detailed how all the relevant requirements of the entry clearance are being satisfied.

The completed application will be forwarded to the applicant outside the UK who will sign the same and forward the application along with all the supporting documents to the relevant British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate for a decision to be made by them.

Where necessary, we will also liaise with the Entry Clearance Officer for an expeditious decision on your application.

Why Sunrise Solicitors For Your Entry Clearance Application As A Returning Resident?

The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with applications for  UK visa as a returning resident. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for UK Visa  as a returning resident and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.

Our Fees For Entry Clearance Application As A Returning Resident

  • We will charge you a fee from £1500 (No VAT) for our professional immigration services in relation to your entry clearance application as a returning resident. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
  • If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
  • The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.