If a Tier 4 (Child) student is already in the UK and his/her existing permission to stay runs out more than 28 days before the start-date of his/her proposed course of study, he/she will be expected to return overseas and apply from outside the UK. If he/she applies from inside the UK, his/her application will be refused.

Same Day Visa Service For Tier 4 Child Student Extension

We are registered with the Home Office, UKBA, Public Enquiry Office (PEO), Lunar House, Croydon to provide Same Day Visa Service for Tier 4 Child Student extension applications. Our immigration lawyers can prepare and submit your application to the Home Office, UKBA, PEO and get quick decision on the application. As Tier 4 Child Student extension application requires biometrics of the applicant, you will have to attend the Home Office, Lunar House, PEO, Croydon with our legal representative on the day we will submit your application. The application submitted through our Same Day Visa Service is usually decided either same day or within 24 hours.

Why Sunrise Solicitors For Tier 4 Child Student Extension?

The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with Tier 4 Child Student extension applications. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can Contact Us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your Tier 4 Child Student extension application and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable, honest and professional immigration service.

Our Fees For Tier 4 Child Student Extension

  • We will charge you a fee from £700 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for extension of stay as a Tier 4 Child Student through our Same Day Visa Service. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
  • If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
  • The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.
  • Tier 4 Child Student Visa - FAQs
  • 1. What is the child student category?

    The Tier 4 (Child) category is for children coming to the UK to be educated between the ages of four and 17 years old. Children between four and 15 years old must be educated at independent fee-paying schools.

    Tier 4 (Child) students cannot study at publicly funded schools. The only publicly funded education providers that can teach Tier 4 (Child) students are publicly funded further education college which are able to charge for international students.

    If you are 16 or 17 years old and you want to study a course at or above National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 3, you and your Tier 4 sponsor can agree whether you should apply to the UKBA under Tier 4 (Child) or Tier 4 (General). If you want to study at NQF level 2 or below, you must apply as a Tier 4 (Child) student.

    You cannot be a Tier 4 (Child) student if you have any children who are living with you or for whom you are financially responsible.

  • 2. What courses can you do as a Tier 4 Child student?

    A child student can do a course that is:

    • taught in line with the National Curriculum; or
    • taught in line with the National Qualifications Framework (NQF); or
    • accepted as being at the same academic level as the National Curriculum or the NQF by Ofsted in England, the Education and Training Inspectorate in Northern Ireland, Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education in Scotland or Estyn in Wales; or
    • taught in line with existing (prevailing) independent school education inspection standards.

    Additionally, you can do a short course to prepare you for your main course of study, if your chosen main course meets one of the conditions above. These short courses are sometimes called 'pre-sessional' courses.

  • 3. What is a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS)?

    A confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) is a 'virtual document' similar to a database record. Your education provider (also known as your 'Tier 4 sponsor') will assign a CAS to you when they give you an unconditional offer of a place on a course.

    Each CAS has a unique reference number, and contains information about the course of study and the student's personal details.

    Your education provider will tell you your CAS reference number. They will also need to give you some of the information they used (such as the course details, the documents they used to assess your suitability, and the course fees) when they assigned the CAS to you. You will need this information when you apply to the UKBA.

    A CAS is valid if it:

    • contains the same details as are in your passport; and
    • was assigned no more than 6 months before the date when you apply to the UKBA; and
    • has not been withdrawn or cancelled by your education provider or by the UKBA.

    If you do not use your CAS to apply to us during the 6 months after it is assigned to you, it will expire and you will need to get a new CAS from your education provider. If you apply to the UKBA using a CAS that has expired, the UKBA will refuse your application.

    You cannot use a CAS more than once. If we refuse your application, and you want to apply again, your education provider will need to assign another CAS to you.

    The UKBA or your education provider can withdraw or cancel a CAS at any time. You cannot use a withdrawn or cancelled CAS in an application to the UKBA.