Can’t attend our offices to instruct us for your matter? No Problem! We can handle your matter remotely!

We have reopened our offices as lockdown restrictions have eased. However, due to coronavirus pandemic, we will continue to deal with most clients remotely through Zoom/Phone/Skype/Emails, etc.

The child visitor category is for children aged under 18 years old who want to come to the UK for up to 6 months (or up to 12 months if they are accompanying an academic visitor). This includes children who want to study in the UK for up to 6 months. 

To come to the UK as a child visitor, you must be able to show that:

  • you are under 18 years old;
  • you intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months (or 12 months if you will be accompanying an academic visitor);
  • you intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
  • you have enough money to support and accommodate yourself without working or help from public funds, or you will be supported and accommodated by relatives or friends;
  • suitable arrangements have been made for your travel to, and your reception and care in, the UK - and, if a foster carer or relative (not a parent or guardian) will be responsible for your care;
  • you have a parent or guardian in your home country who is responsible for your care, and you can provide their address, their landline phone number; and
  • confirmation that they consent to the arrangements for your travel to, and reception and care in, the UK;
  • you can meet the cost of the return or onward journey; and
  • you are not in transit to a country outside the 'Common Travel Area' (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands).

You must be able to show that, during your visit, you do not intend to:

  • take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public;
  • marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership; or
  • receive private medical treatment.

You can undertake a short course of study during your visit, if it is provided by an organisation which is:

  •  a licensed sponsor under Tier 4 of the points-based system; or
  • accredited by an accreditation body which has been approved by the UK Border Agency; or
  • inspected by either the Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted), Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education in Scotland, Estyn, Northern Ireland's Education and Training Inspectorate or the Independent Schools Inspectorate (ISI).

You may also participate in a short visit exchange programme with or educational visit to a UK school. This must be a maintained school, a non-maintained special school or an independent (fee-paying or non-fee-paying) school. You must submit full details of the school offering the programme, and full details of the care arrangements in place covering your full stay in the UK.

There are additional requirements, depending on whether you will be travelling to the UK with an adult ('accompanied') or without an adult ('unaccompanied').

Unaccompanied child visitors

If you will be travelling to the UK without an adult (someone over the age of 18), UKBA will treat you as an 'unaccompanied child visitor'. Your parent or guardian will need to provide:

  • their written consent for you to travel to the UK;
  • their full contact details; and
  • evidence that suitable living arrangements have been made for your stay in the UK.

Accompanied child visitors

If you will be travelling to the UK with an adult (someone over the age of 18), UKBA will treat you as an 'accompanied child visitor'. If you apply for a visa, you must identify this adult in your visa application. The adult's name will appear on your visa, and you will be refused entry to the UK if you arrive in the UK without that adult. You can identify up to 2 adults in your visa application, and your visa will only be valid if you travel with at least 1 of those adults.

Our Services For Entry Clearance Application As A Child Visitor

We can represent you in your entry clearance application and do all the work until decision by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) on your application. Our work will include:

  • the completion of the paper or online application form;
  • advising you on the relevant requirements, relevant laws and procedures;
  • advising you on the relevant documents to be submitted in support of your application;
  • considering the contents of such documents and discussing the same with you;
  • advising you on the weaknesses and strengths of your application; and
  • preparing a cover letter wherein we will explain in detailed how all the relevant requirements of the entry clearance are being satisfied.

The completed application will be forwarded to the applicant outside the UK who will sign the same and forward the application along with all the supporting documents to the relevant British Embassy/High Commission/Consulate for a decision to be made by them.

Where necessary, we will also liaise with the Entry Clearance Officer for an expeditious decision on your application.

Why Sunrise Solicitors For Your Entry Clearance Application As A Child Visitor?

The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with applications for  UK Visa as a Child Visitor. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for UK Visa  as a Child Visitor and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.

Our Fees For Entry Clearance Application As A Child Visitor

  • We will charge you a fee from £1000 (No VAT) for our professional immigration services in relation to your entry clearance application as a Child Visitor. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
  • If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
  • The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.