You may be able to come to the UK under this immigration route if you are:

  • the sole representative of an overseas company, intending to set up a wholly owned subsidiary or register a UK branch for an overseas parent company; or
  • an employee of an overseas newspaper, news agency or broadcasting organisation who is being posted on a long-term assignment as a representative of your overseas employer.

You must have been recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business is outside the UK.

Following are the various applications which can be submitted to the Home Office, UKBA under the Representatives of Overseas Businesses visa category: