Can’t attend our offices to instruct us for your matter? No Problem! We can handle your matter remotely!

We have reopened our offices as lockdown restrictions have eased. However, due to coronavirus pandemic, we will continue to deal with most clients remotely through Zoom/Phone/Skype/Emails, etc.

If you are already in the UK under a visa category which allows you to switch your immigration status to Tier 2 General, you can make an application for stay as Tier 2 General Migrant from inside the UK. You must meet all the relevant requirements including any conditions with regards to switching from your current visa status to the Tier 2 General category. An unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) must be issued by your prospective employer for you to apply for Tier 2 General leave from inside the UK.

Who Can Switch Into Tier 2 General Category From Inside The UK?

You can apply from inside the UK if you have, or were last granted, leave in one of the categories listed below:

  • Any Tier 1 category;
  • Tier 2 (General);
  • Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer: Established Staff) if you are applying to change sponsor;
  • Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer), under the rules in place before 6 April 2010 if you are applying to change sponsor;
  • Tier 2 (Sportsperson);
  • Tier 2 (Minister of Religion);
  • Tier 4 (General) student3;
  • Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) in the Creative and Sporting sub-category, for a job as a professional footballer switching into Tier 2 (Sportsperson)only;
  • Dependant partner of a Tier 4 student;
  • Highly Skilled Migrant Programme;
  • Innovator;
  • Fresh Talent: Working in Scotland Scheme;
  • International Graduates Scheme (or its predecessor the Science and Engineering Graduate Scheme);
  • Business and Commercial work permits (except multiple entry work permits) including Intra-Company Transfer work permits;
  • Sports and Entertainment work permits (except multiple entry work permits);
  • Jewish Agency Employee;
  • Member of the Operational Ground Staff of an Overseas-owned Airline;
  • Minister of Religion, Missionary or Member of a Religious Order;
  • Overseas Qualified Nurse or Midwife;
  • Person Writing Up a Thesis;
  • Postgraduate Doctor or Dentist;
  • Representative of an Overseas Business;
  • Representative of an Overseas Newspaper, News Agency or Broadcasting Organisation;
  • Student;
  • Student Nurse;
  • Student Re-Sitting an Examination;
  • Student Union Sabbatical Officer.

Switching From Tier 4 General Student Visa Category To Tier 2 General Migrant Visa Category

You can switch to this visa from a Tier 4 or other student visa if you have an eligible qualification from a licensed tier 4 sponsor. They must have sponsored your visa to study for that qualification.

The eligible qualifications are:

  • a UK bachelors degree
  • a UK masters degree
  • a postgraduate certificate in education
  • a professional graduate diploma of education

If you are a PhD student, you must have completed at least 12 months’ study for your PhD during your most recent stay in the UK as a Tier 4 General Migrant.

Switching From Tier 4 Dependant Partner To Tier 2 General Visa

A person who is in the UK on Tier 4 Dependant Partner visa can switch his status from inside the UK to Tier 2 General category. Your sponsor will have to undertake a resident labour market test if you have current leave as a Tier 4 dependant partner on the date of your application. The applicant must have the Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) issued by his prospective employer / Tier 2 sponsor. The applicant's job and salary must be in accordance with the Codes of Practice for Tier 2 Sponsors for the application to be successful.

Switching From Tier 2 ICT To Tier 2 General

You can switch into from Tier 2 ICT to Tier 2 General if you meet the following requirement as an applicant:

An applicant who has, or was last granted leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant must:

  1. have previously had leave as a Tier 2 (Intra-Company Transfer) Migrant under the Rules in place before 6 April 2010, or in the Established Staff sub-category under the Rules in place before 6 April 2011,
  2. not have been granted entry clearance in this or any other route since the grant of leave referred to in (i) above; and 
  3. not be applying to work for the same Sponsor as sponsored him when he was last granted leave.

Super Priority Service For Switching Into Tier 2 General Leave

As the expert immigration solicitors based in London & Manchester, we are registered with the Home Office, UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) and its commercial partners UKVCAS Sopra Steria to provide Super Priority Service (SPS) for your application whereby decision on your application will be made by the Home Office UKVI within 24 hours of the submission of the application at a designated service centre.

Our immigration solicitors can prepare and submit your application to the Home Office, UKVI through Super Priority Service (SPS) and get decision on your immigration application within 24 hours. You will be accompanied to one of the application centres in London or Manchester by our legal representative who will assist you with the enrolment of your biometrics and submission of your application to get decision on your application in within 24 hours. This way, you will not have to wait for the decision on your application for months (sometimes years).

Why Sunrise Solicitors For Switching Into Tier 2 General Visa?

The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with application for applications for Tier 2 General Migrant Visa. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can Contact Us if you are seeking legal help from immigration solicitors in London or Manchester in relation to your application as Tier 2 General Migrant and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.

Our Fees For Switching Into Tier 2 General Migrant Application

  • We will charge you a fee from £700 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your Tier 2 General application. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
  • If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
  • The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.