The creative and sporting worker category is for people coming to the UK to work or perform as sportspeople, entertainers or creative artists for up to 12 months.

If you are a sportsperson, you must be internationally established at the highest level in your sport, and/or your employment must make a significant contribution to the development and running of sport at the highest level in the UK.

If you are a coach, you must be suitably qualified to do the job.

Before you apply under the creative and sporting worker category, you must have:

  • a sponsor; and
  • a valid certificate of sponsorship.

Before assigning your certificate of sponsorship in the sporting sub-category, your sponsor must have an endorsement for you from the governing body for your sport, which confirms you meet the governing body's requirements to give their endorsement. The governing body must be recognised by us.

The creative and sporting category is not for people who want to come or who are already in the UK as entertainers or sports visitors, including for specified festivals.

Various applications submitted under Tier 5 Creative & Sporting visa categories are as given below:

Entry Clearance As Tier 5 (Temporary Worker - Creative And Sporting)

Switching Into Tier 5 Creative & Sporting

Tier 5 Creative & Sporting Visa Extension

Dependents of Tier 5 (Temporary Worker- Creative And Sporting)