Children who are under the of 18 years (minors) can apply to the Home Office for registration as British citizens (MN1 Application) under the following sections of the British Nationality Act 1981. Once a child reaches age 18 they will have to apply to naturalise using form AN.
- Section 1 (3) birth in the UK to parents who are now settled in the UK or have become British citizens
- Section 1 (3A) birth in the UK to parents who have joined the armed forces
- Section 3 (1) child whose parents are applying for British citizenship
- Section 3 (2) birth abroad to parents who are British by descent and have lived in the UK or a British overseas territory
- Section 3 (5) birth abroad to parents who are British by descent but are now living in the UK or a British overseas territory
- Section 3 (1) children adopted abroad by British citizen parents
- Section 3 (1) children whose parents had renounced and subsequently resumed British citizenship
- Section 3 (1) any other case not listed below where it is considered to be in the child’s best interests to be granted British citizenship
- Section 4D birth abroad to parents serving in the armed forces.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Your Child's Application For Registration As A British Citizen [MN1 Application]?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with children's applications for registration as British Citizens. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your child's MN1 application and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
Our Fees For MN1 Application
- We will charge you a fee from £700.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter. If you are instructing us for more than one MN1/AN application, our fee will be £500 + VAT for each additional applicant.
- Please be advised that VAT will not be applicable where our client does not have a valid leave to remain in the UK at the time of his/her instructions to us in relation to his/her immigration matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.