Domestic workers who entered the UK with valid entry clearance under the rules in place on or after the 06 April 2012 are allowed to extend their visas to take their stay in the UK up to a maximum of six months, where they were granted less than six months on entry.
Domestic workers who entered the UK with valid entry clearance under the rules in place before 06 April 2012 are allowed to extend their visas up to a maximum of 12 months at a time.
If you are a domestic worker in the UK under the rules in place before 6 April 2012, you must intend to work full-time in the UK as a domestic worker:
- in the house that your employer is living in; or
- in a household that the employer uses regularly, if you can show that there is a clear connection between you and the employer.
You must also:
- be aged between 18 and 65; and
- not intend to work in the UK except as a domestic worker; and
- be able to support yourself and any dependants without the need for public funds.
Requirements for extension of stay for a Domestic Worker who entered the UK under the rules in place before 6 April 2012
The applicant must:
- have entered the UK with valid entry clearance as a domestic worker in a private household under the rules in place before 06 April 2012
- have continued to be employed for the duration of leave granted as a domestic worker in a private household
- continue to be required for employment for the period of the extension sought as a domestic worker in a private household that the employer lives in and where there is evidence of a connection between employer and employee
- not intend to take employment except as a domestic worker in the private household of the employer, and
- meets the requirements of paragraph 159A (i) and (vii) of the Immigration Rules.
Same Day Visa Service For Domestic Worker Visa Extension
We are registered with the Home Office, UKBA, Public Enquiry Office (PEO), Lunar House, Croydon to provide Same Day Visa Service for Domestic Worker extension applications. Our immigration lawyers can prepare and submit your Domestic Worker extension application to the Home Office, UKBA, Public Enquiry Office (PEO) and get quick decision on the application. As Domestic Worker extension application requires biometrics of the applicant, you will have to attend the Home Office, Lunar House, PEO, Croydon with our legal representative on the day we will submit your application. The application submitted through our Same Day Visa Service is usually decided either same day or within 24 hours.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Domestic Worker Visa Extension
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with Domestic Worker visa extension applications. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can Contact Us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your Domestic Worker visa extension application and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable, honest and professional immigration service.
Our Fees For Domestic Worker Visa Extension
- We will charge you a fee from £700 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for Domestic Worker visa renewal through our Same Day Visa Service. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.