Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) is for people who are internationally recognised as world leaders or potential world-leading talent in the fields of science and the arts, and who wish to work in the UK. These individuals are those who are already internationally recognised at the highest level as world leaders in their particular field, or who have already demonstrated exceptional promise and are likely to become world leaders in their particular area.
Switching into Tier 1 Exceptional Talent is permitted by applicants who have, or were last granted, leave as
- a Tier 2 Migrant, or
- a Tier 5 (Temporary Worker) Migrant who is sponsored in the Government Authorised Exchange sub-category in an exchange scheme for sponsored researchers.
The Application Process For Switching into Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
The following steps provide an overview of the application process for switching Tier 1 Exceptional Talent:
- The first step in the process is for you to request a Tier 1 (Exceptional Talent) Unique Reference Number from the UK Border Agency. This request must state the appropriate Designated Competent Body to endorse the applicant.
- There is a limit of 1,000 places on this route. The UK Border Agency will provide you with a Unique Reference Number if there are places available within the limit for the selected Designated Competent Body.
- You can then make an application to the UK Border Agency, together with the Unique Reference Number and supporting documents. Please note – the application must be submitted to the UK Border Agency Visa Services, not directly to a Designated Competent Body. You must make your application no more than 10 working days after the date when your unique reference number was issued. If you submit your application after this time, the UKBA will refuse it.
- The UK Border Agency will send the relevant documentation to your chosen Designated Competent Body who will advise the UK Border Agency whether you meet their endorsement criteria.
- The UK Border Agency will then consider the application, taking into account whether the Designated Competent Body has endorsed you, make the decision and notify you of the result.
A refusal of an application for switching into Tier 1 Exceptional talent is challenged by way of appeal to the First Tier Tribunal within 10 working days of the date of receipt of the refusal letter. Upon successful application, the applicant is granted extension of stay as Tier 1 Exceptional Talent Migrant for 3 years.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Your Extension Of Stay As Tier 1 Exceptional Talent?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with applications for switching into Tier 1 Exceptional Talent. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for switching into Tier 1 Exceptional Talent and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
Our Fees For An Application For Switching Into Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
- We will charge you a fee from £1,500 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your application for switching into Tier 1 Exceptional Talent. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.