The Tier 1 (Investor) category is for high-net-worth individuals who want to make a substantial financial investment in the UK.
You do not need a job offer to apply in this category. The UKBA will assess your application based on your ability to invest £1,000,000 in the UK.
Applicants will not need to meet the separate English language requirement that applies to most other applicants under the points based system. This is because, while they are allowed to work in the United Kingdom if they wish to, they should not need to work.
Applicants will not need to meet the separate requirement for maintenance (funds) that applies to most other applicants under the points based system. This is because they will have met the attributes (main requirements) for this category and shown their ability to support themselves in the United Kingdom without needing help from public funds.
Points available for initial entrants under Tier 1 (Investor) are included in the table below. This table applies to all applicants seeking:
- entry clearance in this category who did not have leave in this category within the last 12 months; and
- further leave to remain in the United Kingdom in this category when their previous permission to stay was given under a category other than Tier 1 (Investor) or the former Investor category.
|Attributes (pass mark = 75 points)||Points|
A refusal of an application to switch into Tier 1 Investor category is challenged by way of an appeal to the First Tier Tribunal. Upon successful application, the applicant is granted leave to remain for 3 years.
Switching Into Tier 1 Investor Category
Switching (moving while in the United Kingdom from one immigration category to another) is allowed for applicants currently here with permission to stay as:
• a highly skilled migrant;
• a Tier 1 (General) migrant;
• a Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) migrant;
• a Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) migrant;
• a business person;
• an innovator;
• a student;
• a student nurse;
• a student re-sitting an examination;
• a student writing up a thesis;
• a work permit holder;
• a writer, composer or artist;
• an investor;
• a Tier 2 Migrant; or
• a Tier 4 Migrant
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Switching Into Tier 1 Investor Category?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with applications for switching into Tier 1 Investor category. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for switching into Tier 1 Investor category and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
Our Fees for An Application To Switch Into Tier 1 Investor Category
- We will charge you a fee from £2,500.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your Tier 1 (Investor) application. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.