A dependant is:
- your husband, wife or civil partner; or
- your unmarried or same-sex partner; or
- your child aged under 18 years old.
Your dependant children can be over 18 years old if they are in the UK now as dependants.
If you are the partner or dependent child under 18 of a migrant who is in or coming to the UK under Tier 1 PSW category, you can apply for a visa to join them in the UK. The Home Office, UKBA will grant leave in line with the expiry date of the Tier 1 PSW Migrant's visa.
Entry Clearance As PBS Dependents Of Tier 1 PSW Migrant
In order to be granted entry clearance as a spouse, civil partner, unmarried or same sex partner, the family member and the main applicant must be aged 18 or over on the date he/she is due to arrive in the United Kingdom.
In order to be granted entry clearance as a child of Tier 1 PSW Migrant, the child must be under the age of 18 on the date of entry clearance application.
Switching Into Dependent Of Tier 1 PSW Migrant
Following changes in the Immigration Rules implemented from 1 October 2013, it is now possible to switch into PBS Dependant of Tier 1 PSW Migrant from inside the UK unless:
- you were last granted leave to enter or remain as a visitor; or
- you are on temporary admission or temporary release.
From the above, it is clear that anyone who is not in the UK on a visitor visa or an overstayer in the UK can switch into PBS Dependant of Tier 1 PSW Migrant from inside the UK.
In order to apply for leave to remain as the child of a PBS migrant, the child must be under the age of 18 on the date of application. Where the child is aged 18 or over he/she must have, or have last been granted, leave as the family member of a PBS migrant or someone applying at the same time for leave as a PBS migrant.
We can provide same day visa service for the PBS Dependant visa application whereby the PBS Dependant visa application will be decided in one day.
Funds For Maintenance
One of the requirements for family members of Points Based System Migrants is that he/she must be able to support themselves without recourse to public funds. This requirement is satisfied by showing funds for maintenance for last 90 days before the date of the application.
If the Tier 1 PSW Migrant has been present in the United Kingdom for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 PSW Migrant must show that he/she, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom has at least £1800 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 PSW Migrant needs to prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself.
If the Tier 1 PSW Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family member of the Tier 1 PSW Migrant must have £600 to support himself/herself.
Same Day Visa Service For PBS Dependent Of Tier 1 PSW Migrant
We are registered with the Home Office Public Enquiry Office (PEO), Lunar House, Croydon to provide same day visa service for PBS Dependent applications. Our immigration lawyers can prepare and submit your PBS Dependant visa application to the Home Office, PEO and get quick decision on the application. As PBS Dependent application is a biometric category, you will have to attend the Home Office, Lunar House, Croydon with our legal representative on the day we will submit your application. Our legal representative will accompnay you to the Home Office, PEO, Croydon and will assist you with the whole process of the application submission, biometrics enrollment and all the follow up work until a decision on the application is made by the Home Office.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For PBS Dependent Application As Dependent Of Tier 1 PSW Migrant?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with applications for UK Visas as PBS dependents of Tier 1 PSW Migrant . The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can contact us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your application for PBS dependent visa as dependent of Tier 1 PSW Migrant and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
Our Fees For Application As PBS Dependent Of Tier 1 PSW Migrant
- We will charge you a fee from £600.00 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your in-country application as PBS Dependent of Tier 1 PSW Migrant - Same Day Visa Service. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- We will charge you a fee from £800.00 (No VAT) for your Entry Clearance application (out of country application) as PBS dependent of Tier 1 PSW Migrant. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- We will charge you a fee from £1,000.00 (No VAT) for your Entry Clearance application (out of country application) as PBS dependent of Tier 1 PSW Migrant in cases involving issues of sole responsibility. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.