You must make an extension application if you need to extend your leave and you are applying to continue in the same job for the same sponsor. You cannot apply for an extension if you are applying from outside the UK, or switching from another category, or changing employment. You must have a new Certificate of Sponsorship for your Tier 2 General extension application. Your salary must be at least the same, or higher, than that shown on your Certificate of Sponsorship for your previous grant of leave.
Applications for further leave to remain under Tier 2 of the Points-Based System will be refused if you have overstayed for more than 28 days on the date of application, unless there were exceptional circumstances which prevented you from applying within the 28 day period. The 28 day period of overstaying is calculated from the latest of:
- the end of your last period of leave to enter or remain granted,
- the end of any extension of leave under sections 3C or 3D of the Immigration Act 1971, or
- the point a written notice of invalidity is deemed to have been received, in accordance with paragraph 34C or 34CA of the Immigration Rules, in relation to an in-time application for further leave to remain.
If there were exceptional circumstances which prevented you from applying in time you must submit evidence of these exceptional circumstances with your application. The threshold for what constitutes ‘exceptional circumstances’ is high and will depend on the individual circumstances of the case but, for example, may include delays resulting from unexpected or unforeseeable circumstances such as the following:
- serious illness which meant that you or your representative were unable to submit the application in time (where supported by appropriate medical documentation).
- travel or postal delays which meant that you or your representative were unable to submit the application in time.
- inability to provide necessary documents. This would only apply to exceptional or unavoidable circumstances beyond your control, such as UK Border Agency being at fault in the loss of, or delay in returning, travel documents, or delay in obtaining replacement documents following loss as a result of theft, fire or flood (where supported by evidence of the date of loss and the date you applied for replacement documents).
Same Day Visa Service For Tier 2 General Extension
We are registered with the Home Office, UKBA, Public Enquiry Office (PEO), Lunar House, Croydon to provide Same Day Visa Service for Tier 2 General extension applications. Our immigration lawyers can prepare and submit your Tier 2 General extension application to the Home Office, UKBA, Public Enquiry Office (PEO) and get quick decision on the application. As Tier 2 General extension application requires biometrics of the applicant, you will have to attend the Home Office, Lunar House, PEO, Croydon with our legal representative on the day we will submit your application. The application submitted through our Same Day Visa Service is usually decided either same day or within 24 hours.
Why Sunrise Solicitors For Your Tier 2 General Extension?
The immigration solicitors at Sunrise Solicitors are experts in dealing with Tier 2 General extension applications. The quality of our service is self-evident from the reviews of our clients about the service provided by our immigration lawyers. You can Contact Us if you are seeking legal help from immigration lawyers in London in relation to your Tier 2 General extension application and our immigration solicitors will provide you fast, friendly, reliable and professional immigration service.
Our Fees For For Tier 2 General Extension Application
- We will charge you a fee from £700 + VAT for our professional immigration services in relation to your Tier 2 General Extension application through our Same Day Visa Service. The agreed fee will depend on the complexity of the matter and the casework involved in the matter.
- If you cannot afford to pay our fee in full at the time of instructing us in relation to your matter, you can pay half of the fee at the time of instructing us and rest of the fee can be paid by monthly installments.
- The agreed fee will cover all our work until decision by the Home Office on the application. However, it is pertinent to note that the agreed fee will not cover any disbursements to be incurred by the company on your behalf e.g. translation of documents, Home Office fee etc.